New Student Housing
Welcome to Residential Life at Wheaton College! If you have any questions or concerns that these pages cannot answer, please e-mail us or call 508-286-8214.
Housing Assignments for incoming students will be sent in mid-July.
Your Room Assignments and Roommate(s)
In early May (January for mid-year enrollment) you will receive a New Student Information packet. In that packet you will find information on how to complete the online New Student Housing Survey.
We use those answers to match roommate(s) and assign rooms that are as close to your preferences as possible. We offer double, triple, and quad options.
Requesting Roommates: You can request one (double), two (triple), or three (quad). There is a place to indicate that on the survey and ALL STUDENTS must list each other they want to live with each other for us to honor the request. We hope to be able to honor these requests, but it is not guaranteed based on available rooms. In some cases you and your preferred roommate can be match together with other students in a triple or quad.
Do I need to find a roommate? No and do not feel like you have to. Roommates that request each other are going to face the same challenges then those who are matched through the Housing Survey. A good roommate relationship is about Communication and Compromise, not about matching questionnaire answers or someone's Facebook "Likes." Knowing that, we suggest you start a discussion over the summer with your roommate, not only about what you're bringing, but also how you feel about overnight guests, borrowing each others things, "partying" in the room, etc. You should plan to continue this discussion when you arrive on campus and throughout the year.
First Year Student Residence Halls (effective 2013-14):
- Chapin is a Wellness building located on "upper-campus." It houses predominantly first year students.
- Clark is a part of the "YMC" quad with Young and McIntire. It is co-ed and will house all classes.
- Kilham is an all-female building and will house all classes. It is located on "upper-campus."
- McIntire is a part of the "YMC" quad with Young and Clark. It will house all classes. The first floor is Wellness.
- Meadows (East, North, and West) is a three building complex on "lower-campus." Most floors are co-ed; Meadows North 3rd and 4th and West 1st are all-women.
- Young is an all-Wellness building in the "YMC" Quad with McIntire and Clark.
Move-In and CORE Information:
Please follow this link for information about Move-In and CORE August (our orientation program): http://wheatoncollege.edu/sail/core/orientation/
**Know that because limitations on our staff and final preparations to the residence halls, we cannot accept early arrivals prior to August 25th unless you are participating in a Pre-Orientation program or preseason Athletics.