Off Campus Housing Applications
Posted on November 27, 2012
Please read this page carefully before completing the form on the right.
This application is for permission to live off campus in the 2013-14 Academic Year (we are not accepting applications for the the Spring 2013).
In order to live off campus you must:
- Have senior standing in the year intended to live off campus or be over 23 years of age by the beginning of the academic year
- Be in good academic standing
- Be in good social standing
- Have read and understand Wheaton's conditions and expectations stated in the Off-Campus Living Agreement
- Each individual looking to live off-campus must complete the form on this page.
- Once submitted, Residential Life and the Dean of Students will review your application. Notification of our decision will be sent via Wheaton e-mail in 5-7 business days.
- Once approved, you can sign a lease.
- After a lease is signed, please download, sign, and return the Off-Campus Living Agreement to the Office of Residential Life
- Approval is granted on a rolling basis. First-come, first served.
- A limited number of students are allowed to live off-campus each year based on our anticipated occupancy. Once that threshold has been reached subsequent applicants will be placed on a wait-list.
- Students granted approval to live off-campus will not be able to take part in the room selection process.
- Requests to return on-campus must be made it writing. We can only guarantee housing to students who request prior to April 1st.
- Individuals who have not been granted approval are expected to live on campus and will be charged room and board for the academic year regardless of any other arrangements or agreements that you have made.
Commuting From Home
Living at your parent or guardian's residence is a different process. For more information, please contact Ed Burnett.