To avoid violations of FERPA rules, DO NOT:
- at any time use the Social Security Number of a student in a public posting of grades or link the name of a student with that student's social security number in any public manner;
- leave graded tests in a stack for students to pick up by sorting through the papers of all students;
- circulate a printed class list with student name and social security number or grades as an attendance roster;
- discuss the progress of any student with anyone other than the student (including parents) without the consent of the student or verifying that the student has granted access to the third party by contacting the Office of the Registrar or The Filene Center for Academic Advising and Career Services;
- provide anyone outside the college with lists of students enrolled in classes;
- provide anyone with student schedules, or assist anyone in finding a student on campus, other than College employees with a need to know.