Help ensure the best future.

Monica Wright 97 11Monica Wright ’97

• Air-quality scientist/consultant for CH2M HILL, Portland, Ore. 
  • Volunteer tutor for Girls Inc.
  • Wheaton Fund supporter 

Creates positive environment:

“I have always been interested in the role of science in our society, particularly as it applies to environmental laws and protection of human health. After Wheaton, I worked as a high school chemistry teacher for seven years and then went to graduate school to get my Ph.D. in chemistry. Consulting gives me the opportunity to work with clients all over the world to help them meet their environmental goals.”

Takes on challenge:

“I regularly use the problem solving skills I developed at Wheaton. I remember some very challenging ‘Physical Chemistry’ tests that forced me to apply my understanding of the concepts we learned in class to a problem with no clear answer. Now, most of the projects I work on have no clear answer, and a major part of every project is coming up with an innovative approach.”

Values supportive climate:

“I contribute to the Wheaton Fund as a way to say thank you to everyone who influenced me and helped me get to where I am. Giving back also keeps me connected to this special place that educates, inspires and empowers future scientists, peacekeepers, community leaders, scholars and entrepreneurs.”

Support Wheaton

Call 800-896-3145 (option 2) or visit wheatoncollege.edu/giving