Launch great life stories

Meg RuleyMeg Ruley ’75

• Literary agent, Jane Rotrosen Agency 
  • Member of the Friends of the Irvington Library (New York)
  • Wheaton Fund supporter

Navigates road to success. 

“I was drawn to books and writing from an early age, and had an idea I wanted to work in publishing. I majored in English at Wheaton, and through the then Career Planning Office, I got an internship at MIT working on a publication. I also relied on the Alumnae Office for lists of Wheaton graduates who worked in publishing to help me get started.”

Makes the right connections.

“My connection to Wheaton was strengthened by working at the college for two years after graduation, in both alumnae affairs and development. I enjoyed having the extra time on that beautiful campus; fundraising; getting to know the extended alumnae network; and working with faculty members, who were so generous in devising programs and undertaking travel. I also have a group of friends from my class that has endured over the past 35-plus years.”

Supports beginnings. 

“I support the Wheaton Fund because the college supported me with scholarships. Much like my first library card, the financial aid Wheaton extended made possible journeys to exotic realms for a teen bookworm who had hardly ever left Nantucket Island. When I return to Wheaton these days, I feel gratitude for that vote of confidence. I want to make sure others have the opportunities I have had because of my education.”

Support Wheaton

Call 800-896-3145 (option 2) or visit wheatoncollege.edu/giving

Photo by Rossa Cole