Sally Willis Bancroft ’66

• 650_Sally Willis Bancroft 66National Wheaton Fund co-chair
  • Retired from nonprofit management, specifically with the Portland, Maine, affiliate of Habitat for Humanity

Involvement: Class president, 1966–2016; Alumnae/i Board secretary, 2007–11

Connection: “Initially, I think it was by default. As senior class president, I was in that role for the first five years after graduation; then it was five more years. Today, I am still class president. However, during one of those five-year stints, I helped get a class newsletter started. It was during that time that I really began to appreciate the value of staying connected to our classmates.”

Goal: “Returning to the Alumnae/i Board will allow me to continue building on the work that already has been done to connect alums with the many opportunities to volunteer on and off campus, to interact with and be role models for the undergraduates, and to deepen the commitment to philanthropy.”

Surprise: “My roommate, Sue Mettey McLellan, used to call me the seven-ring circus because of the various odd circumstances that landed me in the infirmary. One of those was the infamous diving into a huge pile of leaves facing us as we left a seminar in Mary Lyon. Unfortunately, the pavement came up a lot faster than expected, leaving me with a few cracked ribs and a trip to the emergency room and then the infirmary for a few days of R&R.”

Back to Candidates List