Bridget Pulice ’08

Bridget Pulice ’08National success consultant

Bullhorn, Inc., Boston

An Italian studies major with a minor in psychology, Bridget Pulice was recruited by Bullhorn at a job fair at Wheaton. “I did not intend to pursue a career in technology,” she says.

The Boston-based company is a global leader in the production of software that helps recruiting professionals track applicants.

Initially hired as a technical support analyst, where she provided phone and email assistance to customers in 150 countries, she now works primarily with dissatisfied clients who are at risk for terminating their contracts. Pulling from her Wheaton toolbox, she facilitates relationships with these clients as she works to identify and solve their issues. Her efforts have resulted in a 95 percent retention rate.

Women in technology
In the spirit of the Sit With Me project, the Quarterly is showcasing several alumnae working in the industry. Coming from backgrounds that include a variety of majors and working in a wide range of jobs, from designing Navy destroyers to creating educational software, they illustrate the many opportunities available and the many paths into the field that a liberal arts education offers.

Though her work record is impressive, Pulice is most proud of earning her master’s degree in international relations and communications in 2012 from Boston University while working full time at Bullhorn.

“One of the best things about Wheaton is that everyone has a voice,” she says. “I was never afraid to speak up in the classroom, and this has certainly helped my confidence and communication skills in the workplace.”

Pulice says her undergraduate education gave her a variety of skills and knowledge about a range of topics.

“Thanks to Wheaton, I have all the tools I need to learn new things and succeed in any path,” she says. “You want me to converse in another language? Sure. You want me to fix your computer? No problem.”

About Mary Howard

Mary Howard ’85 is a freelance writer and editor who lives in southeastern Connecticut.