Skip to content
Tips for Walking Safely on Campus
- Avoid dark, vacant or deserted areas; and always select well-lit, populated routes of travel.
- If you are followed or suspect danger, go to a populated area and get help. Don't be afraid to make noise to draw attention to yourself.
- Whenever possible, walk with a friend or in a group. There is safety in numbers.
- Take advantage of the Public Safety escort program.
- Plan your route of travel and know where all of the emergency telephones are located on campus. If you feel unsafe, use the phone to call for help.
- When on or off campus, know where you can get assistance in places such as businesses, offices and public buildings.
- Hold onto your personal property tightly, so it can't be taken away from you.
- Walk with self-confidence, and be aware of your surroundings at all times.