Skip to content
- For your own protection and that of fellow residents, never prop open exterior doors.
- Keep the door to your room locked at all times. If you lose a room key, have the lock changed as soon as possible. Even if lost keys are returned, they could have been copied without your knowledge.
- Lock windows that are accessible from ground level or a fire escape, especially when you are sleeping or when you are planning to be away.
- Make sure you know who is knocking at your door or trying to enter your building before you open it or let them in. If you don't know them, don't let them in! If someone comes into your room uninvited, leave and contact the Public Safety Department at ext. 3333.
- Report suspicious people or activity immediately to the Public Safety Department.
- When you are alone, avoid isolated areas such as stairways, basement storage areas or laundry rooms.
- Be aware of people trying to get into your residence who don't belong and report them.