Skip to content
- Avoid using an ATM at night or one that is in an isolated area or is unfamiliar to you.
- Have someone go with you whenever possible. There is always safety in numbers
- Be aware of people loitering in or near the ATM before you go in. Don't go in if you think someone is watching you.
- If you are in the middle of a transaction and sense something is unsafe, cancel the transaction. If the ATM has a telephone or emergency button, use it to seek assistance. If it's safe to do so, leave the area.
- Be careful of people trying to obtain your account numbers and personal identification numbers. Keep them to yourself.
- Avoid displaying your cash once received. Count it in the privacy of your locked car or at home.