SECURITY BULLETIN: Suspicious Vehicle
Posted on April 29, 2013
On Sunday April 28th at 02:43 A.M., a Wheaton student reported that while walking on Filmore Drive, the occupants of a vehicle began honking the horn at her, then slowed down and shouted obscenities. The vehicle was described as a silver, four-door sedan with a Massachusetts license plate. The vehicle was occupied by 3 or 4 males, one of whom had facial hair. The Public Safety staff checked the campus and were unable to locate this vehicle.
Please be reminded of the following safety tips that will assist all of us in maintaining a safe place to learn, work, and live.
- When you go out, let a friend or roommate know where you will be and when you will return.
- Avoid walking alone at night, walk in groups when possible.
- If you are out after dark, use only well-lit routes. Walk near the curb and avoid passing close to shrubs, dark doorways, and other hiding places.
- Be alert and trust your instincts. If you feel uncomfortable about someone near you, head for a populated area.
- Make note of the location of campus emergency phones.
- Please report suspicious behavior when you see it!
If you have any information regarding this vehicle, please report that information to the Public Safety Department at 508.286.8213.