Political Science

Academics

Jenna E. Lukasik Wechsler

Posted on May 3, 2011

Welcome to the Political Science Department!

As the newest member of the political science department, I’ve quickly discovered that Wheaton College provides an excellent environment for studying and teaching political science.  I love how my students are able to relate their own experiences to the material we study.

For example, students in my course on the American Presidency are involved in the Student Government Association, the Roosevelt Institute, and the Wheaton College Democrats and Republicans and in turn bring to the table different perspectives on governance, policy-making, and party politics.  I’m sure you can imagine all the debates we have in class!

I also love how my students are able to make connections across their political science courses.   When teaching Constitutional Law, I frequently have students bring up cases they learned about in Professor Goodman’s mini law courses or theories they examined in Professor Allen’s courses on Congress and African American Politics.  Their ability to make connections has actually inspired me to make more connections in my own research.  For instance, right now I’m working on a project looking at the influence of social science research on Supreme Court decision-making.

Link to faculty profile