The Harlem River (Rivershacks)
Posted on March 26, 2014
Object ID: 80.001
Creator: Ernest Lawson
Title: The Harlem River (Rivershacks)
Dimensions: 21 x 24.5"
Materials: Oil on canvas
Credit: Gift of Dr. and Mrs. Harry L. Kozol (Ruth Massel, Class of 1925)
Provenance: 1908, painted by Ernest Lawson in early spring; 1979, Dr. Kozol squires The Harlem River; 1979, restored by Clayton Curtis in Saugus, MA on December 15th of that year; 1979, painting relined by Betty Jones at Fogg Art Museum, 1979, Dr. and Mrs. Kozol donate the Harlem River to Wheaton's Permanent Collection.
pre-1984, collection of Dr. and Mrs. Harry L. Kozol; 1984, donated to Wheaton College