Students at the 300 and 400 levels may receive academic credit for performing a half or full recital.
- Preparation: Typically students will prepare for recitals over the course of two or more semesters. Interested students should notify their instructor as soon as possible.
- Eligibility: Instructor permission is required. Students will be expected to demonstrate sufficient preparation at a Jury (final exam) at the of end the semester before the recital.
- Practice: Students preparing a recital are expected to practice 12 hours weekly.
- Fees: Lesson fees apply as usual, but there is no additional fee for the recital course itself. There is no additional fee if the Staff Accompanist is used. Students are responsible for the costs of invitations, programs, or receptions.
- Accompaniment: The Staff Accompanist will normally be available for recitals. Practice time with the accompanist will be at the discretion of the accompanist.
- Enrollment: In the semester of the recital, students will fill out a Recital Form to register. Forms are available from Watson 101 or from the Registrar.
- MUSP 315: Half-credit recital
- MUSP 320: Full-credit recital
- MUSP 415: Half-credit recital
- MUSP 420: Full-credit recital