Getting Started with Music @ Wheaton
Welcome to Wheaton! This page can help you get started with music lessons, music ensembles, and course registration.
Interested in lessons?
- "Contact an Instructor" to schedule a meeting.
- Register at the beginning of each semester. Your instructor will provide a yellow registration card and will discuss options and fees. Declared music majors do not have to pay fees. (Contact the department chair with questions about early major declaration.)
- Important: Taking for credit? Plan to include for Music 114 or 115 in your course schedule during your first year of lessons. (See “Starting Music Theory” below).
- Want more info?
Interested in ensembles?
- Visit the Performance pages to learn about ensembles.
- Use the "Contact an Instructor" form to indicate your interest.
- Taking for credit? Register on WINDOW during CORE or during beginning of semester Add/Drop.
Starting Music Theory?
Music Theory courses are required for music majors, for students enrolled in credit lessons, and for students planning to take upper-level music courses. The Music Theory Placement Test will help us assign you to the appropriate level of study.
- Before course registration, take the on-line test to see which course is best for you
- Prof. Guy Rrban will email you with a course recommendation.
Interested in other music courses?
See the complete list of music courses.
Want more information?
If you have questions about Music Theory or Music Performance, please contact: