Woolley Electronic Classroom
The Mabel Tingley Woolley Class of 1925 Electronic Classroom was made possible through a gift from Mabel Tingley Woolley W1925 augmented by a trust established by Virgilyn Noyes Beitel W1933.
The primary purpose of the Woolley Electronic Classroom is to support the instruction program of the Research and Instruction Department, Library and Information Services (LIS). In addition, the classroom serves as a public computing lab when no classes are scheduled. Additional, more occasional uses are listed below.
Priorities for Use
The Woolley Electronic Classroom is scheduled through Library and Information Services according to the following set of priorities:
- Instructional classes that support the Wheaton curriculum, sponsored by LIS
- Public computing space for students
- Classes, taught by faculty members, requiring hands-on computing and/or the projection capabilities available -- on an occasional and case-by-case basis, only*
*Faculty should schedule the classroom through their librarian or technology liaison.
- LIS student, faculty and staff workshops and training sessions
- Faculty and staff workshops and training sessions, Wheaton-wide
- LIS meetings, particularly those requiring computer projection
- Meetings, Wheaton-wide, requiring computer projection
- Public computing space for members of the Wheaton community
Please schedule the classroom by calling x3700.
Equipment and Software
The Woolley Electronic Classroom, located on the Library's Main Level, accommodates up to twenty-four students at twelve workstations (two per computer) and an instructor. A large seminar table, with network connections for twenty laptop computers, is located in the center of the room. Laptop computer users can also access the Library wireless network. There is one handicapped accessible computer workstation and seminar table area.
The electronic classroom is equipped with:
Additional laptop connection at Instructor Workstation
1 Dell OptiPlex computer with 19" monitor (Instructor's Workstation)
12 Dell OptiPlex computers with 19" monitors
8' projection screen and projector
Stereo audio/video receiver with ceiling speakers
Elmo Document Camera
|Microsoft Office 2007
Microsoft: Excel, PowerPoint, Access, Publisher,
|Advanced helpers and plug-ins
Acrobat Reader, Ebrary Reader, Sibelius Scorch, Quicktime, Write-N-Cite
|Productivity & research tools
ArcMap GIS, ChemDraw, Dev C++, Google Earth, Maple, Minitab, Oxygen, Spartan Student, Zotero
Please -- Bottled water, only, is permitted in the WEC.