The Library will assign reserved study carrels, upon request, to Honors Thesis Students
The following regulations govern the use of library carrels:
- Library materials must be checked out at the Circulation Desk. Books that will be left in the carrel need to have a green carrel flag in each book. This flag alerts staff that the book is checked out and will prevent it from being returned to the stacks. Carrel flags are available at the Circulation Desk. Circulation staff members reserve the right to inspect the carrel at any time during the semester. Materials not checked out will be removed and returned to circulation. Books are subject to recall and must be returned immediately.
- Periodicals, reference books, reserve materials and Interlibrary Loan books may not be kept in the carrel.
- The Library will not be responsible for damage, theft, or loss to personalproperty left in the carrel. You will be responsible for the replacement costs of missing Library materials checked out to you.
- Adjacent carrels are in use – please be courteous.
- Carrel reservations are for the academic year, September-May. Please return all books to the Circulation Department and remove other materials from the carrel by the May due date.
- Carrel assignee will abide by the library Food and Drink Policy. No food is allowed in the carrel overnight.
- Misuse of the carrel may result in the loss of carrel privileges.
The student assigned to the carrel has first rights to its use. It is assumed that others will use the carrel when it is not in use. The carrel assignee has the right to ask other users to move when the carrel is needed.