Off-campus part-time job posting
Posted on January 19, 2012
Brockton Talent Search
34 School Street
Brockton, MA 02301
Part-Time Program Assistant: Job Description
Overall goal of this position: Work collaboratively with BROCKTON TALENT SEARCH Program Manager and Education Advisors to provide support for our college access program serving low income and first generation students.
Commitment: 15-20 hrs per week
Hourly: $10.00 per hour
Primary Ongoing Responsibilities:
- Plan and organize workshops, college tours and other activities; chaperon field trips.
- Maintenance of student database in Blumen and student files.
- Contact vendors needed to provide transportation, catering, tickets and facilities rental.
- Request vendor invoices&w-9; process payment requests and make vendor payments.
- Organize entertainment and set up for scheduled student and parent events.
- Prepare parent/student orientation materials and set up registration for each event.
What skills and knowledge would the Part-Time Project Assistant develop in this position?
- Experience and/or professional interest in working with urban high school students
- Event planning and facilitation skills
- Strong communication skills for smooth collaboration and information sharing with colleagues, school personnel, organizational partners and vendors.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Bilingual Creole-English or Cape Verdean-English a plus.
To Apply: Send a cover letter and resume to: email@example.com
No phone calls or drop-ins, please.