Skip to content
Health Forms FAQs
- Your physical exam must take place after August 1, 2014.
- If you’re unable to schedule a physical exam before the July 1st, deadline, please complete and submit the remaining forms accompanied by a note indicating the date of your scheduled physical. Forward the results of your physical exam as soon as possible.
- Your Immunization Record, Physical Exam, and TB Risk Assessment (page 2) forms must be signed by your healthcare provider.
- Immunization requirements differ from state to state. Please check with your primary physician to ensure receipt of all required immunizations.
- Immunization exemption requests: Requests for medical exemptions or religious exemptions may be granted in accordance with Massachusetts state law governing immunizations. In the event that there is an outbreak of any of these vaccine-preventable diseases, students who have been granted exemptions will be required to leave campus and will be readmitted when the period of communicability has passed. Exemption forms may be found in the column to the right.
- Office copies of your physical exam results and immunization record are acceptable.
- If you have not completed a multi-dose series of a certain vaccine (ex. Hepatitis B), receive as many doses as medically advised before arriving in August. Any outstanding doses maybe administered during the academic year at Norton Medical Center, the student health center. Deductibles and co-pays apply and all charges will be billed to your insurance.
- If you have not received the Meningitis vaccine, you must sign the enclosed blue waiver form. This vaccine is strongly recommended. If you would like to receive the vaccine at any time during the academic year, the vaccine is available at the health center on campus. Deductibles and co-pays apply and all charges will be billed to your insurance.
- If you plan to participate in varsity athletics, the NCAA requires a physical exam dated within 6 months prior to the first day of practice. Please contact Greg Steele, Head Athletic Trainer, at 508-286-3986 if you have questions.
- Varsity athletes must provide 2 copies of the completed physical exam form – one to Student Health Services and another to Greg Steele, Head Athletic Trainer, Wheaton College, 26 East Main Street, Norton, MA 02766/Fax: 508-286-5657.
- For concerns regarding accommodations under the Americans with Disabilities Act due to a medical, psychological, or learning disability, please contact Sally Riconscente, Associate Dean of Access Services and Academic Support, at 508.286.8215.
- For questions or concerns regarding Norton Medical Center, Wheaton’s designated student health center, immunizations, health insurance, or other health related issues or, if you would like to make an appointment to discuss a chronic health condition or serious illness, please contact Cynthia Maricle, Student Health Services Coordinator, at email@example.com or at 508-286-8210.
- Due to the high volume of health forms processed during the summer months, we are unable to respond to requests to confirm receipt of medical information/health forms. Please make copies for your records.
- Download and return your completed forms by July 1st, 2015 via US mail to Cynthia Maricle, Student Health Services Coordinator, Wheaton College, Norton, MA 02766. Faxing is unreliable and not recommended.