Can you picture yourself providing medical aid to a sick child during an international crisis; traveling the world as part of a disaster response team; or helping to save a life here at Wheaton? If so, here’s your chance. Wheaton's Emergency Medical Services (WEMS) is looking for dedicated students willing to work hard, become certified first responders, and serve our campus community. EMT training is a critical first step.
Fall '13 EMT Training Course Starts Monday, September 23rd:
Monday and Wednesday evenings from 6 - 10 PM and Sundays from 9 AM - 5 PM in Meneely 301 (Wheaton campus map) starting Monday, September 23rd.
Classes held at:
East Main Street
Meneely Building, Room 301
This 13 week course is open to freshmen, sophomores, juniors, and seniors. Faculty and staff are also welcome.
- Wheaton Students - $695 + $90 (textbook) + $65 (CPR certification, if applicable)
- Non-Wheaton participants - $795 + $90 (textbook) + $65 (CPR certification, if applicable)
For more details regarding the Fall '13 EMT training course offered through Wheaton, click on the following:
- I want to be an EMT at Wheaton...what's next?
- EMT Application
- September 2013 Wheaton EMT training course syllabus
For more information about becoming a WEMS EMT, contact:
- Cynthia Maricle, Student Health Services Coordinator, at email@example.com
- Wheaton EMT Jennifer Gibson at firstname.lastname@example.org
CPR Certification for Healthcare Professionals is a pre-requisite for the EMT course.
- Register for the required CPR certification course by contacting Safety Program Consultants at 800-499-6428.
- More information available at 4spci.com