Academic Year or Semester Study
- A minimum cummulative GPA of 2.85 for Wheaton approval. Students must meet the GPA requirements of their specific program of interest. Please note some programs have higher GPA requirements - speak to an advisor at the Center for Global Education for specific information.
- Students must declare their major prior to study abroad
- Students must be in good academic and social standing as defined in the Wheaton College Catalog
- Students must meet any prerequisite course requirements for the study abroad program
- Complete a Wheaton College Study Abroad Application and Program-Specific Application by October 1st (for spring study abroad) and March 1st (for Academic Year & Fall study abroad) Note: Some programs have earlier deadlines. Check with your study abroad advisor for more details.
- Students applying for non-Wheaton programs must complete the non-Wheaton program petition process by mid-September for Spring programs and mid-February for Fall and Academic Year programs. Please check our application dates for the current year. You must also meet with the Dean of the Center for Global Education. Please call 508-286-4950 to do so.
- If you are planning on studying abroad during your senior year you will need to meet with the Dean of the Center for Global Education to discuss additional requirements, which include petitioning CAS.
Short-term Study Abroad
Short-term study is defined as Winter (January) or Summer sessions. The requirements for short-term study abroad are:
- 2.0 minimum GPA
- Freshman - Senior Year status (with credits outstanding)
- Good academic and social standing as defined in the Wheaton College Catalog.
- Completion of a Wheaton College Short-term Study Petition Form by appropriate deadlines.
- Obtain approval from major advisor prior to study abroad.
Wheaton Faculty-led Programs
Faculty-led programs are offered during January, Spring-Break, or Summer. The requirements for Faculty-led Programs are:
- 2.0 minimum GPA
- Class standing (Freshman-Senior), depending on the lead faculty member.
- Good academic and social standing at Wheaton College as defined in the Wheaton College Catalog.
- Prerequisite courses may be required depending on the faculty member and/or the course designation.
- Completion of a Wheaton Faculty-led Program application.
- Admission to the program is determined by lead faculty and the Center for Global Education.