Associate Professor of History
Ph.D., Boston College
B.A., University of Maryland
European military history; modern German and Russian history; the impact of U.S. military communities overseas after 1945; military societies.
Courses I teach regularly include:
- HIST 102 The Development of Modern Europe since 1789
- HIST 215 History of Russia
- HIST 228 European Jewish History
- HIST 240 German History: 1648-Present
- HIST 214 European Military History
- HIST 321 European Imperialism, 1757-1939
- HIST 370 European Radical Movements
I will be on sabbatical during the Fall 2011 semester. In Spring 2012 I will be teaching History of Russia, and a new upper-level course called Our Dumb Century.
Selected Publications, Creative Work, or Performances
Life in the U.S. Armed Forces: (Not) Just Another Job, Praeger (2008).
U.S. Soldiers Overseas: The Global Military Presence, Praeger (2004).
Wiesbaden and the Americans, 1945-2003, Wiesbaden StadtArchiv Verlag (2003).
Dissertation: "Unsere Amerikanischen Freunde?: The U.S. Air Force in Wiesbaden during the Vietnam Era, 1965-1975" (1997).