Classes resume on Tuesday
Posted on February 8, 2016
Updated Announcement: Monday, February 8 at 5:15 p.m.
Wheaton College classes and activities will resume the normal schedule on Tuesday, February 9, and college offices will reopen as well.
The parking restrictions that apply to student parking will remain in effect until further notice. Staff and faculty reporting for work should park in their regular locations (lots 1, 2, 4, 7, 8 or 9).
Please note: Any vehicle parked in closed lots, and that hampers snow removal, may be towed to an off-campus location, at the owner’s expense.
Your cooperation is much appreciated.
Students, park here...
You should park your vehicle in one of the following lots (click onthe map to see the areas):
- Lot 1A, which is adjacent to the baseball stadium only
- Lot 3, which is accessed from Pine Street
- Lot 4, located off Fillmore Drive at the Meadows complex
- Lot 10, behind the post office
Students, don’t park here...
The lots that are closed include:
- Lot 1 (Faculty/Staff lot in front of and across from the Clark Recreation Center, Nursery School and 4 Clark Rec Drive / Guest House)
- Lot 2 (Faculty/Staff/visitor section in lot along East Main Street, opposite YMCA)
- Lot 7 (Faculty/Staff lot to left of Haas Athletic Center)
- Lot 8, (Faculty/Staff lot to right of Haas Athletic Center)
- Lot 9 (Faculty/Staff lot adjacent to Science Center loading dock)
- Lyons Den lot and the Bookstore Lot
- Parking areas located at Bittersweet, Lindens and Elms Dorms, 5/7 Pine Street, 46/48 East Main Street, 7 and 9 Howard Street, 42 Howard Street, 44 Howard Street, 20 Taunton Avenue, 26/28 Taunton Avenue, 34 Taunton Avenue and 9 Taunton Avenue
- All vehicles parked along Howard Street should be moved to one of the open parking lots.
If there are any problems or safety issues, please contact Public Safety at 508-286-8213 or
Announcement: Monday, February 8 at 5:30 a.m.
Classes and scheduled activities at Wheaton College are canceled for Monday, February 8. College offices also will be closed on Monday.
Dining at Chase Dining Hall and other essential services will continue on Monday, and additional facilities and services will be open (see listing at right).
College offices will be closed, and non-essential personnel should not report for work. Non-essential employees should plan for resumption of regular work schedules on Tuesday morning (starting with the 6 a.m. shift) unless otherwise notified.
In departments that provide essential services, supervisors are responsible for coordinating schedules so that services continue until the college resumes normal operations.
Wheaton’s grounds crews will work to remove snow and treat roadways and pathways throughout the duration of the storm, but please take care when walking about the campus because some areas may be slippery. In addition, the high winds will create some potential for danger from falling limbs, and from snow and ice blowing off roofs. We want to make sure everyone is safe. We want to make sure everyone is safe.
If there are any problems or safety issues, please contact Public Safety at 508-286-8213 or 508-285-5051.
For more information, consult the parking restrictions page and map.