Parking restrictions begin tonight
Posted on February 7, 2016
The New England area forecast is in flux but predictions currently indicate that snow will begin after midnight tonight and continue through Monday morning into the evening. So parking restrictions will begin tonight, Sunday, Feb. 7, 2016, at 6 p.m., and continue until further notice to facilitate the clearing of snow from paths, roads and parking lots.
For your safety, please be aware of the potential of falling objects, such as tree limbs and snow and ice from roofs, and take care as you move about the campus as paths may be slippery. Continue to monitor email and the website for any updates.
The parking restrictions that will begin at 6 p.m. this evening apply to students. Staff and faculty reporting for work should park in their regular locations (lots 1, 2, 4, 7, 8 or 9).
Please note: Any vehicle parked in closed lots, and that hampers snow removal, may be towed to an off-campus location, at the owner’s expense.
Your cooperation is much appreciated.
Students, park here...
You should park your vehicle in one of the following lots (click onthe map to see the areas):
- Lot 1A, which is adjacent to the baseball stadium only
- Lot 3, which is accessed from Pine Street
- Lot 4, located off Fillmore Drive at the Meadows complex
- Lot 10, behind the post office
Students, don’t park here...
The lots that are closed include:
- Lot 1 (Faculty/Staff lot in front of and across from the Clark Recreation Center, Nursery School and 4 Clark Rec Drive / Guest House)
- Lot 2 (Faculty/Staff/visitor section in lot along East Main Street, opposite YMCA)
- Lot 7 (Faculty/Staff lot to left of Haas Athletic Center)
- Lot 8, (Faculty/Staff lot to right of Haas Athletic Center)
- Lot 9 (Faculty/Staff lot adjacent to Science Center loading dock)
- Lyons Den lot and the Bookstore Lot
- Parking areas located at Bittersweet, Lindens and Elms Dorms, 5/7 Pine Street, 46/48 East Main Street, 7 and 9 Howard Street, 42 Howard Street, 44 Howard Street, 20 Taunton Avenue, 26/28 Taunton Avenue, 34 Taunton Avenue and 9 Taunton Avenue
- All vehicles parked along Howard Street should be moved to one of the open parking lots.
If there are any problems or safety issues, please contact Public Safety at 508-286-8213 or