Saturday parking restrictions begin at noon due to storm
Posted on February 14, 2014
Here we go again. The region is expecting another winter storm this Saturday, Feb. 15, 2014—maybe 4 to 6 inches of snow. Where are you parked?
To enable clearing campus roads, paths and parking lots as quickly as possible, the college is instituting its snow removal plan effective at noon on Sat., Feb. 15, 2014. Any vehicle parked in closed lots, and that hampers emergency snow removal efforts, may be towed to an off-campus location, at the owners expense.
Students should make sure that vehicles are parked in one of the following lots:
* Lot 1A, which is adjacent to the baseball stadium only
* Lot 3, which is accessed from Pine Street
* Lot 4, located off Fillmore Drive at the Meadows complex
* Lot 10, behind the post office
All vehicles should be moved from all other parking lots no later than noon on Saturday.
The lots that are being closed include:
* Lot 1 (Faculty/Staff lot in front of and across from the Clark Recreation Center, Nursery School and 4 Clark Rec Drive / Guest House)
* Lot 2 (Faculty/Staff/visitor section in lot along East Main Street, opposite YMCA)
* Lot 7 (Faculty/Staff lot to left of Haas Athletic Center)
* Lot 8 (Faculty/Staff lot to right of Haas Athletic Center)
* Lot 9 (Faculty/Staff lot adjacent to Science Center loading dock)
* Lyons Den lot and the Bookstore Lot
* Parking areas located at Bittersweet, Lindens and Elms Dorms, 5/7 Pine Street, 46/48 East Main Street, 7&9 Howard Street, 42 Howard Street, 44 Howard Street, 20 Taunton Avenue, 26/28 Taunton Avenue, 34 Taunton Avenue and 9 Taunton Avenue
* All vehicles parked along Howard Street should be moved to one of the open parking lots, no later than noon on Saturday.
Any vehicle parked in closed lots, and that hampers emergency snow removal efforts, may be towed to an off-campus location, at the owners expense.
If there are any problems or safety issues, please contact Public Safety at 508-286-8213 or 508-285-5051.