Parking restrictions starting tonight for snow removal
Posted on February 4, 2014
A major winter storm is expected to arrive in the early hours of Wednesday morning, February 5, and continue throughout the day. An accumulation of 8 to 12 inches of snow is possible in some areas.
To enable clearing campus roads, paths and parking lots as quickly as possible, the college is instituting its snow removal plan effective at 8 p.m. tonight, Tuesday, February 4.
Students should make sure that vehicles are parked in one of the following lots:
- Lot 1A, which is adjacent to the baseball stadium
- Lot 3, which is accessed from Pine Street
- Lot 4, located off Fillmore Drive at the Meadows complex
- Lot 10, behind the post office
All vehicles should be moved from all other parking lots no later than 8 p.m. tonight.
The lots that are being closed include:
- Lot 1 (Faculty/Staff lot in front of Clark Recreation Center and Nursery School)
- Lot 2 (Faculty/Staff/visitor section in lot along East Main Street, opposite YMCA)
- Lot 7 (Faculty/Staff lot to left of Haas Athletic Center)
- Lot 8 (Faculty/Staff lot to right of Haas Athletic Center)
- Lot 9 (Faculty/Staff lot adjacent to Science Center loading dock)
- Lyons Den lot and the Bookstore Lot
- Parking areas located at Bittersweet, Lindens and Elms Dorms, 5/7 Pine Street, 46/48 East Main Street, 7&9 Howard Street, 42 Howard Street, 44 Howard Street, 20 Taunton Avenue, 26/28 Taunton Avenue, 34 Taunton Avenue and 9 Taunton Avenue
- All vehicles parked along Howard Street should be moved to one of the open parking lots, no later than 8 p.m.
Any vehicle parked in closed lots, and that hampers emergency snow removal efforts, may be towed to an off-campus location, at the owners expense.
Public safety officials and other staff members will be in regular contact with Norton emergency officials as well as with the National Weather Service for updates. And we will keep the campus updated and informed as details unfold.
We encourage all students, faculty and staff to remain attentive to our website for updates. We want everyone to be safe.
If there are any problems or safety issues, please contact Public Safety at 508-286-8213 or 508-285-5051.