Winter storm alert
Posted on January 21, 2014
A winter storm that is expected in Southeastern Massachusetts by early evening could affect classes on Wednesday. Current forecasts indicate the storm could bring as much as 10 inches of snow to the area by Wednesday morning.
As a result, Wheaton will announce by mid-afternoon today (Tuesday) whether classes will be cancelled or delayed on Wednesday, Jan. 22, for the safety of students, faculty and staff. This information also will be available on the web and the college’s social media channels.
Meanwhile, the college will institute its snow removal plan at 4 p.m. today to enable clearing campus roads, paths and parking lots as quickly as possible.
All vehicles should be parked in one of the following lots:
- Lot 1A, which is adjacent to the baseball stadium
- Lot 3, which is accessed from Pine Street
- Lot 4, located off Fillmore Drive at the Meadows complex
- Lot 10, behind the post office.
All vehicles should be moved from all other parking lots no later than 4 p.m. The lots that are being closed include:
- Lot 1 (Faculty/Staff lot in front of Clark Recreation Center and Nursery School)
- Lot 2 West Section (Faculty/Staff/visitor section in lot along East Main St. opposite YMCA)
- Lot 7 (Faculty/Staff lot to left of Haas Athletic Center)
- Lot 8 (Faculty/Staff lot to right of Haas Athletic Center)
- Lot 9 (Faculty/Staff lot adjacent to Science Center loading dock)
- Lyons Den lot and the Bookstore Lot
- Parking areas located at Bittersweet, Lindens and Elms Dorms, 5/7 Pine Street, 46/48 East Main Street, 7&9 Howard Street, 42 Howard Street, 44 Howard Street, 20 Taunton Avenue, 26/28 Taunton Avenue, 34 Taunton Avenue and 9 Taunton Avenue
- All vehicles parked along Howard Street should be moved to one of the open parking lots, no later than 4:00 p.m.
Any vehicle parked in closed lots, and that hampers emergency snow removal efforts, may be towed to an off-campus location, at the owners expense.