38 Howard St./ Wheeler House/ New House
Acquired when Mrs. Wheaton deeded the "Gravel Lot" to the Trustees in 1894, it was used for several purposes before being demolished in 1972.
Originally used as a harness shop, the Wheeler or "New" House had been remodeled into a dwelling. Later it was used as a residence for the College Engineer.
The Wheeler House was named for the family from whom the property was purchased.