Skip to content
Lab Work Outside of a Regularly Scheduled Lab Period
Special Instructions Regarding Instrument Use and Lab Work Outside of a Regularly Scheduled Lab Period
- 1. Students who need to come in and do lab work at times other than during lab periods must do so between the hours of 9am and 6pm ONLY.
- 2. Students working in lab (not the instrument room) should check in with a faculty member before beginning work.
- 3. Students coming to to use instruments in the Instrument Room (Sci. Ctr. B-357) must sign up in advance to avoid scheduling conflicts. Should a student come in and find the equipment unused when he/she would like to use it, he/she should still sign up for that period on the reservation sheet so we know who has used it and when.
- 4. Faculty members who will have students using instruments outside of regularly scheduled lab period at time when he/she is not here, he/she should tell another faculty member as well as let the students know who to see for assistance.
- 5. ALL students working in these "unsupervised" situations MUST observe all safety requirements - glass or goggles and NO FOOD in the lab. A student will be asked to leave for not following the safety rules.