Write undecided if you have not yet selected a major
*If you are proposing an independent research project, indicate "Independent Research" in above field.
**If you are proposing an independent research project, please list the faculty member who will serve as your adviser.
VERY IMPORTANT- The Statement of Interest should be error free, double-spaced and addresses the following areas:
• Articulate what you propose to do, making sure there is synergy with your Supervisor Offer Letter or Faculty Letter of Support.
• Share your strengths, qualities, and skills that you bring to the experience and give evidence of how these have been developed.
• Identify what you expect to learn and how this learning will occur during the experience.
• Present a convincing rationale for why this experience is important to you at this juncture in your Wheaton education.
• Capture why this particular experience or research is of value to your academic learning and/or career interests.
• Convey your ideas convincingly in well-written form.
For international opportunities:
Demonstrate language competency necessary for the experience; demonstrate a cultural competency for the experience through academic knowledge, prior study or travel abroad; present a rationale for the particular country or region.
Your name should be listed on each page and be sure to include page numbers.
The supervisor offer letter should confirm that you have been offered a position and outline your specific job responsibilities. The Selection Committee reviews these closely to help determine the substance and significance of the student’s assignment. A faculty letter of support is only needed if you are completing independent research.