Write undecided if you have not yet selected a major
If you are proposing an independent research project, indicate "Independent Research" in above field
**If you are proposing an independent research project, please list the faculty member who will serve as your adviser.
VERY IMPORTANT: The Statement of Interest should be error free, double-spaced and addresses the following areas:
• Articulate what you propose to do, making sure there is synergy with your Supervisor Offer Letter or Faculty Letter of Support.
• Share your strengths, qualities, and skills that you bring to the experience and give evidence of how these have been developed.
• Identify what you expect to learn and how this learning will occur during the experience.
• Present a convincing rationale for why this experience is important to you at this juncture in your Wheaton education.
• Capture why this particular experience or research is of value to your academic learning and/or career interests.
• Convey your ideas convincingly in well-written form.
• Demonstrate language and cultural competency necessary for the experience through academic knowledge, prior study or travel abroad.
• Present a rationale for the particular country or region.
Very Important: The supervisor offer letter should confirm that you have been offered a position and outline your specific job responsibilities. The Selection Committee reviews these closely to help determine the substance and significance of the student’s assignment.
A faculty letter of support is only needed if you are completing independent research.
Itemize how you propose to use the $5,000 Davis International Fellowship to support your project. Be sure to include a justification of any program fees and what those fees cover. Must be a word or PDF document.