Trash & Recycling Program
Notice to Residents in Faculty/Staff Housing
The College has made arrangements with Waste Management to provide trash and recycling services. The service schedule is as follows:
4 Library Square
Mansfield Avenue – from West Main Street to Reservoir Street
6 & 8 Library Square
Mansfield Avenue – from Reservoir Street to Town Line
28 Elm Street
East Main Street – From Route 140 to Route 495
•You should use the green recycling bins. Recycling collection will occur every other week.
• For regular trash, 96 gallon carts on wheels (toters) will be provided.
• A bulk item pick-up is also available on the regular day of service. These items may include a television, chair, mattress or boxspring. On the first Tuesday of every month, white goods (stove, refrigerator or washer/dryer) can be removed, but only by appointment and at an additional cost.
• The fees for the trash and recycling program will be paid by the College since your rent payment includes this service.
The Town of Norton will also make available the following recycling opportunities:
- Yard waste to the Hill Street Recycling Center on Saturday mornings (9 am-12 pm) from April-June and September-November.
- Scrap metals to the Hill Street Recycling Center on the first Saturday of the month from 1-3 pm from April-November.
- Waste oil and antifreeze to the Highway Department from 1-3 pm on the last Saturday of the month.
- Tires to Norton Tire (small charge).
- Auto batteries to Goosebrook Garage on Dean Street (free).
- Rechargeable batteries to Radio Shack.
- Household hazardous product collection will be scheduled yearly by the Board of Health.
If you have any questions regarding the Trash and Recycling Program, please contact Business Services at (508) 286-3438. For specific information regarding this program, please contact Waste Management at (800) 972-4545.