Upcoming Public Viewing Open Nights in the Observatory:
* All Observatory Open Nights are Friday evenings.
* Start times vary depending on season and rise and set times of observing highlights.
* Please check the 'Status' of the observing night in the table below, before coming. Given New England weather, often we are forced to postpone our decision till 11am of that day.
Fall 2016 Schedule:
|Date, time, starting location||Highlights of the evening||Status (last update on 11am)|
|* October 21||CANCELED DUE TO WEATHER||OFF|
|* October 28, 7pm, Observatory||Stars, Clusters, Nebulae, and Galaxies||TBD|
|* November 4, 6pm, Hindle Auditorium||Crescent Moon||ON|
|* November 11, 7pm, Hindle Auditorium||Gibbous Moon||ON|
|* November 18, 6pm, Observatory||Stars, Clusters, Nebulae, and Galaxies||TBD|
|* November 25||Closed, Thanksgiving||OFF|
|* December 2, 6pm, Observatory||Thin crescent Moon, Stars, Clusters, Nebulae, and Galaxies||TBD|
|* December 9, 6pm, Hindle Auditorium||Quarter Moon||ON|
Directions for the open nights
* On some evenings, as indicated in the above table, we will meet first in the Hindle auditorium which is the old science center auditorium (on Howard St., just off Taunton Rd) for a slide show before proceeding to the new observatory.
* On other evenings we will start at the Observatory; these dates are also indicated on the table above. There is parking on the right just past the entrance. Check back to this page for an updated weekly schedule. The Friday Observatory Open Night event is free of charge.
The Observatory welcomes pre-scheduled small groups to visit our facilities on public viewing nights. We ask that all groups larger than 10 arrange their visits to the observatory so that we can manage the number of visitors to our program. Families and smaller groups are welcome at all times and do not need to make prior arrangements.
For more information about our open nights program, please contact Tony Houser at firstname.lastname@example.org or 508-286-3979.