Charter for the President's Council
Assistant Vice President of Communications, ex officio
Assistant to the President, ex officio
Purpose: The President's Council is a deliberative body that works collaboratively with the President to realize the vision of the College and to address the strategic issues and challenges facing the college. In most cases, this will require setting or modifying policies and procedures. All members of the Council will be invited to participate in the discussions.
Decision-making: Four different decision-making methods will be used by the President's Council:
- Decide and inform
- Consult and decide
- Decide by consensus
- Delegate decision
Normally, agenda items will specify the particular method of decision-making.
Meetings: A schedule for the meetings of the President's Council will be developed in summer prior to the upcoming academic year. The schedule will be organized based on specific tracks (e.g., strategic plan, leadership/learning, communications, etc). Notes will be taken and distributed to each member by the Assistant to the President.
Members of the President's Council:
- Dennis M. Hanno, President
- Brian Douglas, Vice President for Finance and Administration
- Mary M. Casey, Vice President for College Advancement
- Linda Eisenmann, Provost
- Grant M. Gosselin, Vice President for Enrollment and Dean of Admission
- Michael Graca, Assistant Vice President of Communications, ex officio
- Ellen Hallett, Assistant to the President and Secretary to the Board of Trustees, ex officio
- Kate McCaffrey, Vice President of Student Affairs and Dean of Students